Mayor de Blasio has fought to make New York City more affordable for all New Yorkers, no matter where we live or what neighborhood we call home.
- Created 122,000 affordable homes for more than 275,000 New Yorkers.
- Adopted the strongest Mandatory Inclusionary Housing policy in the nation, requiring developers to build affordable apartments.
- Implemented two-year rent freeze — the first in City history — keeping rent stable for 2.5 million tenants.
- Eliminated chronic street homelessness for veterans.
- Committed more than $5 billion to public housing infrastructure, the biggest investment in City’s history.
- Implemented a bold anti-eviction strategy including free legal representation for tenants facing evictions, helping 100,000 renters stay in their homes.