Mayor de Blasio is working to make sure every New Yorker can share in the City’s progress and is building an economy that puts working families first.
- Added over 500,000 jobs, record number in City history.
- Raised the minimum wage to $15 for City employees and contractors, and championed legislation that raised minimum wage to $15 for all workers in New York City.
- Fought for and expanded paid sick leave for additional 500,000 workers.
- Awarded over $11 billion in City contracts to minority and women-owned businesses.
- Helped lift 281,000 New Yorkers out of poverty or near-poverty.
- Enacted fair scheduling law protecting over 300,000 fast food workers from unfair scheduling practices.
- Required ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft to pay drivers a living wage, leading to a $10,000 annual pay increase for over 80,000 drivers.
- Legislation will pass this year making NYC the first city in the nation to require employers to provide at least two weeks of paid vacation to employees.